Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bad Service - Compact Electronics

I received this on 12 June but have not had time to do any updates due to my full time job taking up a large proportion of my time but now that I have some time, here is the email.


Apologies to VL for publishing this so late, this should never have happened, and you have my apologies for that.


Name : VL (user chose to use only initials)
Date & Time : 12 June 2009
Place/Website address : Compact Electronics at Sim Lim Square
Person Serving Me : N/A
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : Rechargeable batteries

My Experience : I went to “Compact Electronics” #02-72 at Sim Lim Square on 11 Jun around 7pm to shop for a set of rechargeable batteries and it turned out to be a downright insulting and humiliating experience.

I was approached by one of the staff and I told him I was looking for Sanyo Rechargeable batteries. He showed me the batteries and asked how many I need. I then asked for the price and he told me $12 for a pack of 2.

I recalled a pack of 4 costs $16 two years ago, I told him I need to consider. As I was walking away, he said $5. I approached him to clarify but he told me to shop around on the price.

With disbelief, I checked out 6 shops with prices from $24 - $32 for a pack of 4. I went back to him but he showed faces & asked me to go shop around again. I told him I would like to get 2 packs of 2 from him but he replied arrogantly “I won’t sell” and asked me to continue to shop around.

I was totally numbed by his response and left the shop. I never felt so humiliated in my life. This is not service at all. Such unforgiving attitude not only provokes, it is downright humiliating. Fortunately, my foreign friends were not with me then; otherwise, such terrible behavior would have caused permanent damage to the ‘shopping paradise’ image of Singapore.

While I had bought the batteries from another shop, I felt compelled to highlight this humiliating experience in writing which I hope the Sim Lim Square Management, CASE and Singapore Tourism Board can take appropriate measures/actions against the shop “Compact Electronics” #02-72.

Overall Rating : 5 Brickbats

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment