Sunday, March 8, 2009

Aston Specialties

I received a story from one of my readers of the good customer service he has received at Aston's Specialties, along East Coast Road, Katong. Below is his story.

Name : i_used_to_be_fit
Date & Time :06 Mar 2009 Dinner time.
Place/Website address : Aston Specialties, 119 East Coast Road(Opposite Katong Mall)
Person Serving Me :Didn't get the name.
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought :Food. Steak and Char grilled chicken.

My Experience : It didn't start well. They forgot the soup , and served the steak first. No big deal . They rectified the error after I asked what happened to the soup.

The food is great value for money. For the price you pay , it's almost unbeatable. It explains the queue outside always during meal times. (Just be there before 5.30 , you should be able to get a seat easily)

We enjoyed everything including the sides, of garden salad, whipped potatoes, pasta salad and even the french fries. I must also state that I am quite a difficult man to please with regards to food standard. Steak was medium done. (And although it's a thin cut, you can still see a bit of redness and blood . Soft in the inside and char-grilled on the outside). Chicken was not overdone and marinated well.

But the best of all is the service staff who really needed commendation . The table was small. And I was struggling with both the soup bowl (with a saucer underneath) and a big plate of steak. An attentive waitress , quickly asked me if I needed more space and she could take away the saucer. (A big plus point)

After we finished the meal and were ready to leave, we made our way to the cashier. We forgot about the backpack which we were carrying. And there was a 1 month old laptop inside filled with my fiancee's current masters program notes!!!

An attentive waiter this time. Quickly called after us and brought us the backpack we left behind. A huge huge plus point. They could just have kept the bag pack . Which is a Crumpler by the way. And they could score another huge hit with the laptop. But they didn't.

With the place packed to the brim , and still enough attentive waiters and waitresses , I must really commend the management.

I will definitely be going back there for my western food craving . Worth queuing for your food.

Overall Rating : 1 bouquet for the attentive waitress. And 3 bouquets for the alert waiter. Finally 1 last bouquet to the management for a place ran very well. With good food at very affordable prices. (If you don't go for the steaks . You can actually get a main course with 2 sides under $7 or $8.)

Editor's note - It is the little things that count. All the waiters and waitresses did was to pay a little attention and the experience is so much better! One's laptop is more than just a machine, it is literally these days, a way of life! Much of our data is stored electronically on portable devices such as laptops and mobile phones. The staff were attentive and honest enough to alert the author about the oversight, truly commendable! I have passed Aston's a number of times, considered going in but changed my mind after looking at the long line outside. I think I will give them a shot the next time I am in the area.

P/S - Aston's Specialties are open from 11:30am - 11pm everyday except the first Monday of each month

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment