Friday, March 13, 2009

DBS Feedback - No Response

I have been a customer of Development Bank of Singapore (DBS) for a long time and recently I have noticed an exceptionally high number of their machines are not working. An example, out of two cash deposit machines, one of them was down a few times in a few different branches. On top of that, their queues are usually much longer than other competitive banks for both cash deposit and withdrawal.

On 06/03/2009, a Friday night, I tried to deposit some cash into my account using a POSB (Post Office Savings Bank) ATM/Cash Deposit machine at Eunos MRT station as the two banks have merged. The following is what happened.

On realising that I did not deposit enough cash, I proceeded to use a self-service machine at the self-service booth which was newly built as a pretty long queue had formed behind me by then.

When I went into the self-service centre, I noticed there was nobody there and when I tried to deposit cash, a message kept popping up on the screen that the transaction was not available. No such message was shown when I first inserted my bank card, only after going through a few button presses and when I selected Cash Deposit Into My Own Account did the message appear.

I sent feedback to DBS bank on Sunday, 08/03/2009 via their online feedback form and got an acknowledgment of receipt.



The image above is a screen capture of the feedback acknowledgment page I get to once I have submitted feedback.

Note how nowhere on the form does it give an estimate number of days to when they will get back to me. The form was sent on a Sunday evening and I would think a reply would be forthcoming within a few days.

On 09/03/2009, at about 5pm, I receive what looks to be a templated reply from their customer service manager, stating that they have escalated my feedback to the relevant business unit who will respond to me as soon as possible.

It is now 13/03/2009 and there has not been any email or even phone call. Does it take DBS that long to investigate into a cash deposit machine that has gone down?

DBS, customers like to be kept informed of developments to their feedback and it is not too hard to give your customers who have made the effort to give feedback a call or drop them an email to keep them posted

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment