Monday, February 16, 2009

Another Good Experience from John 3:16

I received another story about John 3:16 and am pleased to share it here.

Name : GZ (user chose to use only initials)
Date & Time : Sometime in March 2008
Place/Website address : John 3:16 at Funan The IT Mall, Level 5
Person Serving Me : Sam
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : Digital Camera.
My Experience : Sometime in March 2008, my old Nikon Digital Camera broke down after years of usage. It was a critical moment for me at that time as I needed the camera for various projects in my school.

I did a search online and decided on purchasing Canon Ixus 860IS, which is generally well received and recommended by lot of people. However, prices at that time were still high, and being the student I was, I had to source for the lowest or most bang-for-buck prices. Which brings me to Funan The IT Mall.

I spent about a day walking through the whole mall looking at various shops and asking for quotations. Most shops were not bothered with a student like me, seeing how I was dressed (shorts & shirt) and gave me the pricing without even looking at me. I was about to give up when I saw a promotion for the camera in Level 4. It was about S$50+ cheaper than other shops, which to me is a bargain as every penny saved is good. However, after I said I would consider about the pricing as I did not bring enough cash on that day, the person serving me turn sour and said the promotion would end today in a very unhappy tone, and then proceed to mumble about "no money don't come here la" (Editor's note - I've not had that said in my face but I certainly have had attitudes change when I said I'd come back the next day). Needless to say, I didn't even think of buying from the store.

I was about the give up when I managed to find John 3:16, which I have heard of but not sure where it was located. I went into the shop, which was packed with customers. I waited for a bit as I could see that all of the shop attendants are very busy. Sam, who happened to see me standing around, calls out to me with the cheerful smile and said to give him a moment when I said I would like to buy a digital camera. After he served the customer, he return to me and asked about my needs. After describing him my various needs for the camera and asking him about Ixus 860IS, he immediately launch into a big smile and commented that he's currently using the camera and it's definitely the best compact camera with good functions I can get now. He reached to the back and took the camera down the shelf, and proceed to let me try the camera, urging to give it a go and have fun with it while I decide. While I was taking a few shots, he return occasionally to me and explain to me some of the functions the camera can do. All these without a feeling of being forced to buy the camera.

After I told him I would get it tomorrow as I was short on cash, he actually said "No problem bro, I will be waiting" while still having that same smile on his face. At that time I have already decided to buy from them, even though its a little more expensive than the one on promotion. Comparing the 2 shops, I feel welcome in John 3:16 than that other shop. It's the service that counts, and I have no problems parting with my money at John 3:16 even though it's a little more expensive.

Thereafter, I went back to the shop a few times to get more items, and each time I was served with a smile on the face. Needless to say, John 3:16 earned more than just a customer like me as I brought my friends to buy camera/equipment from them after the incident.

They may not be the cheapest in terms of pricing, but in service, it's top notch.

Overall Rating : 5 Bouquets

Editor's note - Once again, Sam from John 3:16 has come through with great service and shown that a willing smile and patience wins the day for the shop.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment