Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Welcome to Bouquets & Brickbats

Welcome to Bouquets & Brickbats, a website dedicated to sharing experiences on customer service with people. This site looks at good and bad service experiences you may have had in Singapore.

As Singapore has no natural resources, we rely on our people a lot. One of the core industries that our nation depends on is the service industry.

This site was started as a way to share my experience as a consumer with everyone out there and I will be putting up posts and reports on my experience as a customer. Whether I have experienced good service, bad service or just no service at all, I will share my stories here, no holds barred. It will be civil, but I will not pull punches when it comes to service.

However, let's be fair here. I won't be putting up reports on issues such as buying food at a supermarket chain and being given bad "service". This blog is more relevant to the items where one would expect some form of service, like when one buys an electronic device, a tour package, dining at a restaurant, shoes, a piece of property or even a car. Basically, if the service level goes as expected, there's little need to write about it, but if things go beyond the expected, or even below the expected, than it is safe to assume, one can share their stories.

I look forward to constructive feedback and as time goes on, would like to be able to do more with this site so that users can use this as a reference point. If you want to share your stories here, I welcome them but do email me, bouquetsnbrickbats@gmail.com for details on what information is required when sharing your story. I would like to be fair to consumers as well as service providers as well. There's always two sides to a coin.

So do feel free to give suggestions on how to better improve this site.

Gareth Phua
Bouquets & Brickbats

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment