Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pet Lovers Centre - Making It Hard To Give Feedback

I make it a point to try and contact establishments after receiving feedback, just to verify the story and also give these establishments a chance to respond if the feedback is bad. After receiving negative feedback about Pet Lovers Centre from a reader, I tried to send them this article and get a response from them.

I went to PLC's website but nowhere on the front page was there a direct link to contacting them or giving feedback. Digging deeper, I found the link, in very small text at the bottom, and buried in sub menus at the top navigation bar. See picture below (click on the picture to enlarge).



Upon entering the Contact Us page, I am faced with a whole slew of mandatory fields to fill in should I want to send feedback in writing. The alternative is a toll-free number.


The above is a screen capture of PLC's feedback form.

Name & Email, yes, that is understandable. However, if I am giving feedback, why is it necessary for me to fill in my designation, organization, address and contact number (Ok, the last one's debatable). In any case, not filling in those fields would render the form invalid and you are required to fill those mandatory fields in.

The irony of it, the last sentence. "Your feedback is important to us. Please give us your suggestions or comments. Thank you."

It seems as if PLC are putting these mandatory fields up to discourage people from giving feedback. If that's their objective, they certainly have succeeded but I think saying that our feedback is important to them is overstating it.

I have a suggestion. Do away with most of the mandatory fields. This is not so much a data gathering exercise but a way to hear what your customers have to say about you and your products.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment