Thursday, February 12, 2009

Bad Experience with Comfort Cabs

I just received a story I thought I'd share with you guys. A friend of mine lost his mobile phone in a cab a week back and here's his story.

Name : Glenn
Date & Time : 07/02/2009, 9-9.30pm
Place/Website address : Comfort Cabs
Person Serving Me : N/A
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : N/A
Any Other Relevant Information : None
My Experience : I lost my mobile phone last week when I left it in a cab. I called the cab company and they're the ones who contacted the driver. It's not so much the phone, but the info inside the phone that's important to me. What really gets to me is why the cab company doesn't want to give me the cab driver's phone so I could deal with him directly? And to think I didn't even get the fare change from him after the ride (Editor: Glenn left a tip for the driver, I am presuming).

Their customer service even told me that they can't force their cabs to call me himself or even comply to my request even after I offered to pay the fare + extras, and the only way I could make it happen is for me to file a police report. God knows how long that process is gonna take, and by the time they do get a hold of him, my phone might be re-processed in JB (Johor Bahru) or somewhere.
So I told them, "Fine, he wants to do it the hard way then." I filed the report via on-line form, got a report the following day but until now, no peep or puff from anyone. A lesson learned? Maybe...

The wife sure did a lot of teasing after that experience though, as I have never lost a cellphone ever. Umbrellas, yes, but not phones.
Looking at the bright side, I got the phone that I really wanted, the Nokia E71.

Overall Rating : 5 Brickbats

Editor's Note - I was shocked when Glenn told me this story, as it clearly shows many customer service officers are still buried in red tape and will blindly follow instructions. Perhaps there is a good reason for them not to put a fare in contact with the driver but surely an explanation as to why this is so is not too hard? This could have been handled much better, Comfort! For one, many of us now use our mobile phones as more than just a phone. It is very often a way of life for us, where we keep many details and information in the phone. I think Comfort needs to relook at how they handle such matters in future.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment