Saturday, February 14, 2009

Great Service From Nikon Service Centre

I saw this post from a forum member on Clubsnap on the great service he got from Nikon Service Centre (NSC) and got the author's permission to publish it.

Name : Elisha Peterson Teo
Date & Time : 04/02/2009, approximately 3.07pm
Place/Website address : Nikon Service Centre (NSC), Singapore
Person Serving Me : Mr. Jonathan Low
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : 2-week old camera repair
Any Other Relevant Information : N/A
My Experience : (quoted verbatim from Mr Elisha Peterson Teo)
Hi all,

Thought I'd share with everyone what a wonderful experience I had with NSC.

I called on 4 February 2009 at about 1507 hours to enquire as to what I should do with my D300 which was bought just 2 weeks before but has been experiencing problems with the CF Card Reader/Writer having errors. Mr. Jonathan Low from NSC (Editor's note - NSC is Nikon Service Centre) advised me on the phone to send my D300 in for repairs. However, I informed Mr. Low that I have an overseas shoot which I will leave for this Saturday (7th Feb) and I wanted to know if the repairs could be done in time. Mr. Low informed me that the repairs would take longer. I was at a lost as I needed it for my shoot.

Mr. Low went out of his way to enquire about the shop which I bought the D300 body from and took down my phone number. Within a short time, Mr. Low called me back to tell me that he had arranged for an exchange at the shop that I had bought the D300 from.

I would like commend Mr. Low for his efforts in arranging for such an exchange. The reason being that shops usually only accept 1 for 1 exchanges within 7 days of the purchase but I have had the camera already for 2 weeks.

This experience has impressed me greatly.

Overall Rating : 4 Bouquets

Editor's Note: It is heartening to see that some service personnel empathise with their customers and take it upon themselves to ensure their customers have as smooth a transaction as possible, especially in the aftersales area. Good job, Mr Jonathon Low! Futher reading in that thread has shown that there were several positive reports on Mr Jonathon Low and NSC on the whole.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment