Monday, February 16, 2009

A Warm Welcome In Canada - Lodgia Vancouver

I received another email, this time from Mr. Sebastian L, regarding a serviced apartment he stayed in when he was in Canada on holiday. I think we can agree that travelling is where one is especially sensitive to good or bad service.

Here's his story.

Name : Sebastian L
Date & Time : June 2008
Place/Website address : Lodgia Vancouver, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Person Serving Me : Mr. Eoin Bettencourt.
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : see below.
Any Other Relevant Information : Rented Service Apartment for 2 weeks together with my wife & daughter(the 11-mth old!).
My Experience : The online booking for Lodgia Vancouver was done in a flash! All rates/amenities were clearly indicated. No hidden costs. Having taken an 18-hour flight from Singapore to Vancouver (via Seoul), we took a 20 minutes cab ride to downtown Vancouver and were warmly received by Eoin. The first thing we need is comfy accommodation and all I can say is we all felt it was just like home. A baby cot and a very well stocked kitchenette, broadband-ready PC + laser printer, it's all there. Eoin even took time and showed us around. He also went to great lengths explaining to us the various kitchen appliances available... a welcome move since things are a little different over here! Even the bookmarks on the PC were clearly indicated with all the information required that typical tourists may seek. I must say it's a near-perfect stay throughout and the only complaints were the rainy spells.

Overall Rating : 4 1/2 Bouquets!

Editor's note - A wonderful story about business owners who know the raison d'etre for their business. In this case, serviced apartments are places where weary travelers might consider booking for a long term stay. They might however, be new to town and every little bit to make the guest feel welcome helps. The reason this place deserves 4.5 Bouquets is simply because unlike 5-star hotels, serviced apartments do not charge a premium for stays and many times, that translates to a drop in service. I know where I'll stay if I ever go to Vancouver.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment