Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good Service - The Coffee Connoisseur Changi Airport

I have received a story sent by Mei via email about her experience at The Coffee Connoisseur (TCC) at Changi Airport Terminal 3.

Name
: Mei
Date & Time : 4th March 2009, Approx. 9.20pm
Place/Website address : The Coffee Connoisseur (Changi Airport)
Person Serving Me : Michael
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : N/A
Any Other Relevant Information : N/A
My Experience : I was with my family at Changi Airport T3 waiting for the arrival of my sister and her husband. We decided on TCC as it was closest to her arrival belt and gave a clear view of it. The waiter, Michael, noticing that we had a toddler along, immediately asked if we needed a baby chair for him. He was quick to bring it over and even helped in setting the chair up and checked if it was secure enough for my nephew to sit in.

Once we were ready to order however, it took the staff there several minutes to notice me waving for them (maybe because we were in a corner so they couldn't see us very well). Again Michael was the one who served us and noticing that my parents were busy trying to occupy my nephew, he came over to my side so that he could take our orders.

When my father asked him about the difference of the coffee that he wanted to order, Michael then explained to us what Coffee Essence, the beverage that my father was inquiring about, is. He meticulously went over our order again and even double checked with us when my father made a comment that we ordered 3 dishes when in fact we only ordered 2. Without us even asking, Michael brought 3 sets of utensils over, guessing that we were going to share our orders.

During payment, he noticed that my father had a credit card that entitled us to a 15% discount and informed us about it.

His attentiveness really made the whole experience very pleasant indeed!

Overall Rating : 3 Bouquets

Editor's note - Such simple attention detail is all it took to make an experience a memorable one, even if it is a simple act of answering a question. It is obvious that Michael made an effort to know his products and went the extra mile to ensure the comfort of the establishment's patrons. Coming right after the article on Service Star Awards, this is truly encouraging and anyone who is going to Changi Airport TCC for coffee or cakes, do remember that it's the people like Michael who make the experience a good one.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with Mei, Micheal is indeed a great staff and not only that majority of tcc Staff are great! Thumbs up to you guys! I enjoy dining at tcc! Good Service, Food and Ambience.

    ReplyDelete