Sunday, February 22, 2009

Brickbats For Design T-shirts Store Graniph, Bugis Junction

A story here about how nonchalance and a could not care less attitude can earn a store brickbats. A nice store, really nice products, but let down by slipshod service, or in this case, almost non-existent service.

Name
: Gareth
Date & Time : 22/02/2009
Place/Website address : Design Tshirts Store Graniph, Bugis Junction
Person Serving Me : Did not bother to find out, you'll see why.
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : T-shirt
My Experience : I stepped into the Design Tshirts Store Graniph at Bugis Junction. This store sells some of the coolest designer t-shirts around but sadly, they hardly ever have the size I am after (Large). I understand the constraints of stocking and am not expecting them to stock every single item in my size. However, I have noticed on two occasions when I went into the store and could not find what I was looking for size-wise, the sales people there did not bother to approach me but seemed quite occupied chatting among themselves. Ok, perhaps the policy is to leave the customer alone, fair enough by me.

When I asked about the availability of my size, the answer was rather nonchalant, more along the lines of "I'm sorry but there isn't one in your size." without even making any effort to perhaps check with the other outlet, located at Plaza Singapura. Today I saw at least two designs I really liked and the sales guy said I could just unfold it to look at. I said, I could not find any in my size to which he mumbled something along the lines of "oh, then too bad" and walked off.

Instead of offering to place an order for me (I'll be more than happy to make partial or even full payment on the spot and wait for my items to arrive), or even calling another store, he even told me on my first visit there a few months back, that I can go to their website and see what's coming in. Think I will go one step further. I will go to the Graniph website, see what is available and place my order with the online store.

It is fine if you do not have the t-shirt I want in the size I wear, but surely a call to one other outlet is not too hard to do?

Overall rating : 2 brickbats. Nice store, nice T-shirt designs, lousy sales staff. This definitely ranks as bad service from a potential customer's view.


Design Tshirts Store Graniph at Bugis Junction, awarded 2 Brickbats.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment