Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another Camera Shop Complaint?

Just two days back, I posted a user's complaint about a camera shop and today, there is another post on bad service from a camera shop, it seems. Perhaps it is the expectation that if one pays a large sum of money, and to many, a few hundred and above is a large sum of money, then one expects some form of service.

Again, I was in Clubsnap and came across this thread entitled, "Parissilk (Lousy service)" which obviously caught my eye.

I can empathise with the thread starter, that if I plan on buying a camera or a lens, I'd like to be able to do some preliminary tests to see if there are issues or not. Some lenses are notorious for QC issues and sometimes, the same two lenses from the same manufacturer might have different image qualities. If anything, almost all the time, I've had no problems with asking if I could test a particular lens or camera body.

While I also can see why the shop has a policy of not having test units available or using allowing one to test a lens on a brand new unit simply because once several people start testing a particular camera or lens, it soon becomes "2nd hand and slightly used", a better attitude could have been adopted.

Perhaps an explanation in a nicer tone could have been more effective? Afterall, if one is in sales, one is in the service industry. By answering in this manner, it makes the customer feel unwelcome and unless the customer urgently needs an item or there is no other choice, the chances of making a sale with such lousy and bad service is not going to happen.

On another note, I have added a link with a poll on Clubsnap conducted by a user and details which shops have the best service according to the various voters. Interesting stuff!

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment