Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bad Experience - The 360 Restaurant & Bar at Ski 360°

I received this story from a friend via email, entitled "Worst ever dinner at a restaurant for Group Vday." My friend brought his fiancee to 360 Restaurant and Bar at East Coast Park, overlooking the cable ski for a Valentine's Day dinner with a group of around 9 other couples. He experienced several instances of bad service, coupled with the fact it's Valentine's Day, could mean paying more for the occasion. This certainly leads to an extremely bad experience!

Name
: i_used_to_be_fit (User chose to remain anonymous)
Date & Time : 14/02/2009 Dinner time.
Place/Website address : The 360 Restaurant & Bar at Ski 360°. At East Coast park, overlooking the cable ski.
Person Serving Me : The whole kitchen and service staff are clueless!!!
What Did I Intend to Buy/What I Bought : 18 couples turned up for dinner. We had a set menu of 3 types of main course to choose from, 2 deserts to choose from and coffee, tea or soft drinks.

My Experience : Firstly, the soup turned up late and the quality of the first batch and 2nd is vastly different. (Why do I know that? It's because I tried my fiancee's soup to test it out for her, she can't take food with a buttery taste).

Main course wasn't great in taste , but I have had worse . So quality of the food is okay, passable . But nothing you can't find at any decent cafe or restaurant. One big minus , is that the food is cold! Nowhere close to being warm. And they forgot about at least 4 diners of our group who ordered pork loin for main course! I finished my meal and my girlfriend hasn't had hers! (I definitely shared my meal with her, of course)

Dessert of apple crumple was cold. It was GROSS. I was hoping for a piping hot one with cold vanilla ice-cream. When I got mine first with 3 others, to my dismay, no ice-cream. The lady opposite me asked what happened to the ice-cream.

The waitress mentioned it will be served separately........ Huh? I was bewildered. Never before had I have separate apple crumple with ice-cream . It was the first time I have ever heard of that but decided to give them the benefit of doubt anyway. But in the next 15 minutes, The rest of the cold apple crumples were served with ice-cream????!!!!!!!!!!!???????

I didn't want to kick up a big fuss. So I just ate my dessert without the ice cream.

Another complaint , no dessert fork was given. I got to get it myself , and I got 3 more for those around me who got their dessert first.

Drinks never arrived till the end of the dinner!!! I always thought drinks should come first? We got tired of waiting half way through our meal. So myself and another friend just went to the counter, unscrewed the 2 litre bottle of coke and started serving ourselves!

We discovered a whole basket of bread on the serving table. Too many for the rest of the diners who came in pairs. And we were speculating that, it's our bread to go with the soup which they didn't serve us.

Ice water was refilled only once by the staff. My pastor went to get one jug and ended up offering to pour for us.

From another table group of 2 diners on another table. I overhead that they had been waiting for their meals for 1 hr . Nothing arrived. Saw another waitress serving the desserts to the wrong table. I thought this type of errors only happens in the hawker centres.

Overall Rating : 4 Brickbats. No way will I ever go back there. I rather throw my money into the sea!

Editor's note - It is Valentine's Day, and the way the staff handled this whole matter suggests poor training & product knowledge as well as a couldn't-care-less approach to what is essentially a special day for many couples. I hope The 360 Restaurant & Bar at Ski 360° can learn from this feedback and seek to improve their service levels at many levels. Good service should come from within and should not be seen as incentive for recognition, but rather, a norm.

Addendum 22/02/2009 - The author has requested a reduction to 4 brickbats as the establishment has passed on the vouchers and ski passes to him via the organiser of the event for his group.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment