Tuesday, February 3, 2009

World Of Sports Parkway Parade

Name : Gareth
Date & Time : 28/01/2009; 3pm
Place : World Of Sports Parkway Parade
Person Serving Me : Riaaz
What Did I Intend to Buy : Birkenstock Sandals
Any Other Relevant Information : None
My Experience : I stepped into World Of Sports Parkway Parade on 28 January 2009 intending to buy a pair of sandals, preferably thong sandals. They were having a special promotion for members, an additional 18% off on top of the current 20% discount. I tried on a few pairs where the salesperson, Riaaz, was extremely helpful and accomodating despite the shortage of sizes for me. I eventually got a pair of thong sandals, and enquired about the membership.

I was told that membership would cost me an additional S$38, but with that, I got one Mizuno gym bag, sports waterbottle and two pairs of socks. It was a very good deal as it included, amongst the abovementioned freebies, other free lifestyle services such as spa treatments, manicures and a one-day gym session. I could give my girlfriend those freebies, I reckon, so I signed up.

After paying for the sandals and when I got home, I realised that the fit was afterall, not the best for me. Not knowing if I could possibly exchange, I tried calling World Of Sports and my call was answered by a lady who remembered my purchase. However, she said that they would have to call me back in about 5 minutes as they were busy cashiering then. My previous experiences with such matters was that, they won't call back and I'd have to call back, so I was not really expecting much.

To my surprise, the lady called back (they have my mobile phone record from my recent signup) within 5 minutes and Riaaz, who served me earlier on, spoke to me. He told me they would be happy for me to come down that evening to select a model that would suit me, and do a direct exchange with cash refund or top up, whichever was appropriate.

When I arrived, Riaaz was still as friendly, courteous and helpful, bringing out a few different models for me to try and giving unbiased advice. He even tried calling other outlets to check if they had more models from which I could choose from. In fact, he mentioned that if I was not in a hurry, and was willing to wait, they can give me a call when there are restocks or I could even put my name down for a particular model if I wanted to. I eventually chose a lower priced model and they worked out a refund of the difference in cash, which was rare in many retail outlets here in Singapore.

This experience with World Of Sports Parkway Parade has been a great one and other than the lack of stocks, which is no fault of theirs, I would highly recommend them for the great service they have given me.

Overall Rating : 4 Bouquets. It would have been great if they had a wider variety of stocks but on the whole, one cannot be expecting them to carry the entire range of Birkenstock sandals.

Got a customer service experience to share? Email me to get your story published! Do remember to read the submission guidelines and how we rate establishments before submitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment